Super-sweet dried dates wrapped in maple-marinated tempeh-bacon and stuffed with savory cashew cheese and asparagus might sound like an odd flavor combination, but I promise you it is sooooooo gooooooood! You definitely have to try this if you’ve not had anything like it before.
Vegan Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Dates
- 10 large pitted dates.
- 5 asparagus stalks, cut in half
- 1/2 block tempeh, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight (or at least an hour in hot water) and drained.
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tsp nutritional yeast
For the tempeh marinade
For the Cashew Cheese
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Soak toothpicks in a small bowl of water.
- Soak cashews overnight or in a bowl with hot water.
- Prepare tempeh marinade by combining ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Marinate tempeh while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a food processor, combine cashews, basil, garlic, sea salt, nutritional yeast and blend until smooth.
- Slice dates in half and stuff with cashew cheese and asparagus pieces.
- Wrap with tempeh and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for 20 minutes on each side.
Leave a Reply