The other night my mom convinced me to add cauliflower steaks to my list of recipes to try, so I decided to give it a go. I had seen plenty of recipes for them before this but I’d never tried it myself and I don’t know why. It’s such a simple idea, I can’t believe it took me this long to make it, but I’m so glad I finally did. This is truly a healthy meal that is satisfying and seriously delicious. The cilantro-lime-mango combo is just fantastic and really makes you forget that you’re eating half a head of cauliflower for dinner (not that I don’t like cauliflower, but on it’s own, it’s kind of blah). I will be sharing this with my mom because she loves salads and she loves grilled vegetables, so I know she will love this.
- 1 head cauliflower (remove the leaves and place stem down on a cutting board; cut into 1 inch thick slices)
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- juice from 2 limes or about 2 tbsp
- 1 big bunch rinsed spinach
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp course black pepper
- 1 small handful cilantro, chopped
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine cilantro, garlic, oil, salt, pepper, sunflower seeds and lime juice (if you have any cauliflower crumbles from slicing add it to the food processor too) and blend for a minute or so.
- Smother cauliflower with cilantro-lime marinade and bake on a parchment paper lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, prepare mango salad. Combine the mango, cucumber, green onions, sunflower seeds, lime juice, sea salt, black pepper and small handful of cilantro in a bowl and toss to combine (if you have any leftover marinade from the cauliflower steaks, you can toss it in with the mango salad).
- Once the cauliflower is done, place it on a bed of spinach and top with mango salad.
This would be great on a grill if you have one.
Leave a Reply