My sister and I like to bond over food. I am so in love with food and she is too, and so sometimes we chat about the foods we are eating. Last year, she sent me a photo of a black bean salad she had made and it looked fantastic. I planned to make that salad for the blog but then it somehow escaped my memory and I forgot to make it.
Now, a year later, I have finally made the salad I saw in the photo from my sister, and I couldn’t really remember everything that was in it, so I made up my own version. It was so damn good. I call it the black bean super salad because it really is super. It has everything one might want in a salad including protein, vitamins, minerals, tangy dressing, and crunchy vegetables. We ate it with crusty French bread, which made it a satisfying meal.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup edamame (shelled soy beans)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large bunch cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- In a large bowl, add black beans, chickpeas, corn, peas, edamame, and onion.
- Then, add cilantro (keep some aside for garnish) to a food processor along with garlic, lemon and lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper and process for about 1 minute.
- Add cilantro-lime dressing to black bean salad bowl and toss.
- Serve on top of a bed of spinach and top with green onions, leftover cilantro, and avocado.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for our Black Bean Super Salad w/ Cilantro & Lime Dressing. If you’d like to find more recipes like this one, check out more of VeganFoodLover.com.
Leave a Reply