Collard greens are one of my favorite vegetables because they are packed with nutrition, they are easy to use, and they taste great. Collard greens are a good source of protein, fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B6, calcium, iron, and magnesium. This recipe combines the nutritious powerhouse of collard greens with other healthy vegetables to create a mouthwatering vitamin explosion. Collard greens are a healthy alternative to flour tortilla shells because they are not processed and they do not contain any refined starches.
Rosemary, Potato & Chickpea Collard Green Wraps
- collard greens (large leaves, with stems removed)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large potato, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup peas
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp rosemary
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 tsp oil
- Heat oven to 350º.
- In a large bowl, stir together onion, potato, chickpeas, lemon slices, salt, pepper, chopped collard green stems, and oil.
- Bake in a large oven safe dish for 40 minutes until potatoes are soft.
- Add peas, garlic, and rosemary and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, steam collard greens in a steamer, or a pot with an inch of water until they are tender (about 4 minutes).
- Remove potato mixture from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- Wrap potato mixture in collard greens, like a burrito, and top with roasted lemon.
Leave a Reply