Granola is a really delicious snack that can often be quite expensive and full of excessive sugar when you buy it at the store. This recipe gets rid of the extra sugar and results in a satisfying and healthy snack that is great to take on hikes, or as a topping for ice cream or yogurt. It’s also super easy to customize so it can accommodate any diet. You can make it with all kinds of seeds and nuts or anything else you may have on hand so it can be inexpensive too.
Homemade Vegan Granola Recipe
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- tsp almond or vanilla extract (optional)
From here you can add anything you have on hand. I used the following:
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds, 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 350
- Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Place in a single layer on a large cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown, turning over once.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for homemade granola. If you would like to find other recipes like this one, check out more of VeganFoodLover.com.