This was my first time making jalapeno poppers and I am so glad I finally did it because they were awesome. Really awesome. I have only ever had the frozen restaurant style jalapeno poppers because I’ve always been too lazy to make my own, and since I’ve been a vegan I haven’t had any jalapeno poppers. I was missing out. They are fantastic. These are not the healthiest jalapeno poppers out there, but they taste so good. They are rich, crunchy, creamy and spicy poppers and I seriously love them.
Vegan Jalapeno Poppers
- 4 large jalapenos
- 1/2 container vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup vegan cheddar (we use Daiya)
- 1 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup vegan chorizo (Soyrizo)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, fresh ground pepper, crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- Heat oven to 400º.
- Cook chorizo over medium heat until browned.
- While chorizo is cooking, prepare jalapenos by slicing one side from the stem to the tip (Place the pepper on your cutting board so that it doesn't roll over). Remove all seeds and veins.
- After chorizo and jalapenos are done, mix together cream cheese, cheddar cheese, green onion, cilantro, chorizo and spices in a bowl.
- Stuff jalapenos with chorizo mixture.
- Dip stuffed jalapenos in coconut milk, then in flour, then back in coconut milk, then in breadcrumbs. Continue until you have covered them all and then bake for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool for 10-15 minutes before eating.
I made this recipe for just two people. Double or triple the recipe if you're making them for a group.
Leave a Reply