This strawberry lemonade literally sparkles, and we promise it tastes every bit as good as it looks. If you’re thinking about opening a lemonade stand, this recipe is a bona fide crowd-pleaser – we used to sell dozens of these every day when we had a food truck. The recipe below makes one pitcher, but you’ll definitely want to scale it up if you’re making this for a large crowd, because this stuff goes fast!
- Lemon zest from one lemon (wide strips)
- 1 1/2 cups turbinado sugar
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 cups lemon juice (12-13 lemons or store bought lemon juice)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- sparkling water
- Make lemon syrup by bringing 1 cup sugar, lemon zest, and 1 1/2 cup water to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool. Stir as needed until the sugar has dissolved.
- Make strawberry syrup by tossing 1/2 cup of sugar with strawberries and let rest for 45 min to an hour, tossing occasionally. Strain the strawberries from the syrup and blend in a blender. You can add the strawberry puree to the top of the lemonade or you can freeze it in ice cube trays and make strawberry ice cubes to add to the lemonade.
- Add lemon syrup, lemon juice, salt and 1 1/2 cup cold water to a pitcher.
- In a tall glass, layer ice cubes, 1 tsp strawberry syrup, lemonade, strawberry puree (or strawberry ice cubes) and sparkling water.
I usually make the lemon syrup in my rice cooker (without the lid) because it's easy and I don't have to sit and watch it. I just turn it on and leave it until the sugar has dissolved and it starts to simmer. If you don't have a rice cooker, you can do it in a saucepan over medium heat.
Prepare the strawberry syrup while the lemon syrup is cooking to save time.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade. If you’d like to find more recipes like this one, check out more of VeganFoodLover.com.
Leave a Reply