Tzatziki is a popular Greek sauce that is traditionally made with yogurt; however, it’s the cucumber and other ingredients that really give it its distinctive flavor.
For many years, we’ve been making this vegan tzatziki sauce using silken tofu instead of yogurt. It’s one of our favorite dips, and it’s also great on wraps and sandwiches.
- 1 package silken tofu
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp course black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp dill
- After removing cucumber seeds with a spoon, dice cucumber into small cubes and drain in a colander.
- Meanwhile, blend tofu, salt, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the blended ingredients with the cucumber and dill.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a lid and refrigerate for at least an hour or two.
I actually leave my dip in the refrigerator overnight and it is always better the next day.
Leave a Reply