We were in the mood for garlic knots the other night, but we wanted to do something that would make them a little better than ordinary garlic knots – which is pretty hard to do considering how damn good garlic knots are . After a little bit of brainstorming, we knew what we had to do… We baked garlic, butter, and parsley right into the dough. Then we tossed them in garlicky, buttery Buffalo sauce. These knots are so good, they’re addictive. Neither of us could stop eating them until they were gone. As two people who have worked in restaurants and made our fair share of garlic knots, we can assure you these are definitely better than any garlic knots you’re going to get from your local run-of-the-mill pizza joint.
We recommend dipping the knots in spicy brown mustard. I mean, they’re really good just on their own, but when you dip ’em in mustard, it’s nuts how good they are! We really hope you give this recipe a try and that you enjoy it! If you do try it, please let us know how it worked out for you by leaving a comment below. Thanks!
Golden brown bread knots with garlic, vegan butter, and parsley baked right into the dough. Tossed in garlicky, buttery Buffalo sauce and served with spicy brown mustard.
- Pizza dough – we used this recipe
- Garlic, chopped
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Cold vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup vegan margarine
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Sprinkle some flour on your cutting board and then roll your dough out with a rolling pin into a long oblong shape, as close to a perfect rectangle or oval as you can get it.
- Cover the dough with dollops of vegan butter, garlic, and parsley, as shown in the photos above. Take one end of the dough, and fold it in towards the middle. Then fold the other end over it, and then fold in half.
- Press the dough down with your hands, and then roll it out with your rolling pin. Try to get it as flat as it was to begin with, and roll it into a rectangle as best as you can.
- Cut the down down the middle, then cut into strips like breadsticks – about 1 1/2" wide. Twist and tie the dough into loose knots, then place on a cookie sheet lines with parchment paper. Bake at 400ºF for 10 - 15 min until golden brown.
- While the knots are baking, prepare the sauce. Add oil and vegan butter to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add garlic and let simmer for a few min. Then add hot sauce, vinegar, and parsley, and stir a few times. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Remove the knots from the oven and quickly toss them in the sauce while they are still hot. Add more hot sauce or seasoning if desired, then serve.
I like my food spicy so I added more hot sauce at the end. However, they still were pretty mild in my opinion.
You do not want a sticky dough for this recipe, so if your dough is sticking to your hands, keep add flour until it stops.
Leave a Reply