Last night I was feeling kind of lazy so I looked around my pantry and decided to make quick tofu curry tacos with coconut milk. Normally, I like to add a bunch of toppings to my tacos but our fridge and pantry are kind of bare until our next shopping day so this was all I had. Quite often I’ll take whatever veggies I have and some tofu and cook it up quickly with some curry powder, and I am always very pleased with the results. This time, I had a can of pineapple that I was going to use for baking, but ended up adding them to the tacos instead. I actually dislike canned pineapple very much when I eat it as is, but they were a nice addition to these tacos so I will probably be keeping some pineapple on hand for stuff like this.
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/2 block firm tofu
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pineapple, sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Saute tofu, onions and bell peppers in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Once tofu starts to brown, add garlic and spices.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer until it thickens.
- Remove from pan and cook tortillas in the same pan.
- Add tofu, pineapple, cilantro and sriracha to tortillas and serve.
Leave a Reply