This dark chocolate peanut butter ice cream has been my favorite midnight snack for the past few evenings. It’s so simple to make yet so decadent and satisfying. All you need are a few ingredients and a little bit of patience.
One of the best things about this dessert is that it’s about as healthy as chocolate “ice cream” can get. It doesn’t have any added sugar, and all of the ingredients are raw and nutritious. Bananas are a good source of potassium; peanut butter is a good source of protein, healthy fats, and vitamin E; and raw cocoa powder is a good source of magnesium and B vitamins. You’re literally eating a health food for dessert!
- 1 large banana
- 1/2 tbsp raw dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp raw almond milk or coconut milk
- In a medium sized bowl, mash banana into a smooth paste – a regular fork is perfect for this.
- Add the other ingredients, then stir and mash until they are evenly mixed – the mixture should look like a thick smoothie.
- Freeze for 2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes – this time may vary depending on how cold your freezer is.
The more frequently you stir the ice cream while it freezes, the smoother the consistency will be.
Set a timer for 2 hours so you don't accidentally over-freeze your ice cream. If you leave it in the freezer for more than a few hours, it will get too hard to eat.
Leave a Reply