The other day, I went to the grocery store to pick up a few small items, but that all changed as soon as I saw all the stunningly vibrant and colorful produce that had just arrived. Before I knew it, my cart was full of veggies that weren’t on my list, and I was already working on a recipe in my head. This recipe.
Lately, I’ve been testing my recipes out on my parents whenever I have the opportunity. Mainly because my parents typically don’t like anything vegan. My dad won’t even try a dish if he knows it’s vegan. My mom is more open to trying stuff, but she’s more critical than my dad. If I can get either of my parents to like a dish, then I know I’ve won over a tough crowd. It’s easy to make vegan food a vegan will like, but it’s very hard to make vegan food a reluctant omnivore will even consider.
So I tried this stir-fry out on my mom last night, and she absolutely loved it. She raved about it for several minutes and asked me if I’d make it for her again. That’s a huge victory in my book.
It was kind of funny… as soon as my mom took a bite of the Beyond Meat chicken, she immediately looked confused and she asked me, “is that chicken?!” For a moment, she thought I had broke vegan and put real chicken in the stir-fry.
I hope you give this recipe a shot and let us know what you think of it down below in the comments. Enjoy!
Beyond Meat chicken strips stir-fried with a colorful assortment of fresh vegetables, including red chard and asparagus. Topped with a tangy tahini dressing.
- 12 pieces Beyond Meat Grilled Strips (optional)
- 6 oz rainbow carrots, chopped
- 4 oz asparagus
- 3 oz red chard or rainbow chard chopped
- 3 oz colorful bell peppers, deseeded and sliced
- 3 oz white onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, chopped
- Refined coconut oil or cooking oil of choice
- 3 tbsp tahini
- Juice of 1 large lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Few sprigs of cilantro
- Splash of cashew milk
- Heat 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add chicken stripes, garlic, and ginger. Fry for 5 min then remove from the pan, leaving only the oil behind.
- Add red chard and carrots to the pan and fry for 5 min.
- Add the rest of the veggies and fry for another 5 min. Add more oil if needed.
- Add chicken, garlic, and ginger back to the pan. Turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then stir everything together.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high for 1 - 2 min, scraping down the sides if necessary.