I have missed omelette’s since becoming vegan, but now I’m so happy because I have finally discovered an excellent way to veganize them. Trust me, this omelette is just amazing, and though it may not have the exact texture of an omelette, the flavor is mind-blowing.
Mind-Blowing Vegan Omelette + Hash Browns
- 3/4 cup tofu
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flax meal mixed with 2 Tbsp water)
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- Spices (salt, pepper, rosemary, smoked paprika)
- Veggies (tomatoes, onions, spinach, mushrooms)
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt, pepper, spices
- Sauté vegetables in a non-stick pan over medium heat for 10 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add tofu, flax eggs, nutritional yeast, garlic, cornstarch, and spices into food processor and process until smooth.
- Spread batter out into the same non-stick pan over medium heat and flip over after 10-15 minutes or golden brown on one side (I don't think it will work without a good non-stick pan but if you try it and it works let us know).
- While batter is cooking, prepare potatoes for hash browns. Grate potato in your food processor or with a cheese grater. Then rinse it off in a colander and squeeze out the excess water. Mix potatoes with oil and spices in a medium bowl.
- Add pesto and vegetables to half of the omelette and flip over the other half.
- In the same pan, add the prepared grated potatoes and spread evenly in an single layer. After about 10 minutes, once it's golden brown, put a plate over the hash browns and flip over the pan. Gently slide the potatoes from the plate back onto the pan, with the cooked side up. Slide onto plate when fully cooked on the bottom.
Leave a Reply