Damn, this sandwich is so good. First and foremost, the bread… I bought this sourdough bread this week and when it is lightly fried in a pan with some Earth Balance spread on it, it is perfect. It has just the right amount of crunch that doesn’t hurt your mouth when you bite into it but still substantial enough to hold a lot of toppings. For the filling, I made a simple chickpea salad spiced with some curry mayo. The result is a huge-ass sandwich that tastes so delicious.
Curry Chickpea Salad Sandwich
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- Combine the mayo, sriracha, mustard and curry powder in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, add chickpeas, carrots, celery, green onion and cilantro.
- Add curry mayo to the bowl and mix well to coat the veggies evenly.
- Spread earth balance, or olive oil or whatever you have on one side of the bread and toast in a pan over medium heat. This is the most delicious way to toast bread, in my opinion but obviously you can toast it how you want to.
- Layer sandwich in the following order: arugula, spinach, chickpea mix, avocado, red onion.
We hope you enjoyed this vegan chickpea salad sandwich recipe. If you’d like to find more recipes like this one, check out more of VeganFoodLover.com.
Leave a Reply