I had half a can of coconut milk in my fridge from the other night when I made coconut curry tacos so I decided to use it to make this hummus. I am a huge fan of coconut curry. It’s extremely easy to get a very flavorful and rich dish in a short amount of time with that combination. Since I didn’t have any tahini, I figured that coconut milk would add the same creaminess to hummus and I have to say, it definitely worked out quite well. It was really good on top of some warm foccaccia bread.
Coconut Curry Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp or more curry powder
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 clove garlic
- In a pan over medium heat, saute chickpeas in oil.
- Add spices and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to food processor or blender and blend for at least 5 minutes until smooth.
- Meanwhile, add onions to pan and saute for 10 minutes until translucent and brown.
- Put hummus in a serving dish and top with onions and garnish with parsley or cilantro.
Obviously you can serve the hummus with chips or vegetables but we ate ours with homemade foccaccia and salad.
Leave a Reply