Last week I bought a bag of 70 corn taco shells and while I was trying to decide what to do with them, I came up with this recipe. It took me 20 minutes to put these together and the results were amazing! If you are looking for something easy, healthy and delicious to make for dinner tonight, look no further. These tacos are a winner and I will be making them again for sure!
Chickpea & Cilantro Tacos w/ Curry Peanut Sauce
- Taco shells (we used corn for this recipe)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cracked pepper
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp oil
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat.
- Saute onions until slightly soft
- Add mushrooms and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, salt and pepper and stir for a few minutes until the onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Remove from pan and turn heat up to med-high.
- Add taco shells to the same pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they are slightly crunchy or as crunchy as you like.
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce, peanut butter and curry powder and stir vigorously until well incorporated.
- Remove taco shells from heat and assemble tacos. Finish with cilantro.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for Chickpea Cilantro Tacos with Curry Peanut Sauce. If you’d like to find more recipes like this one, check out more of VeganFoodLover.com.
Leave a Reply