Making french fries at home is certainly a matter of trial and error. It’s hard to find a recipe for crispy french fries that aren’t deep fried and saturated in grease, but these fries are oven-baked with a light amount of oil so they are healthier and don’t taste so greasy. We have made these fries several times and they always turn out perfectly. We have tried them with russet potatoes, yellow potatoes, and red potatoes, and each time they have been a success.
Oven-Baked Garlic & Rosemary French Fries
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 3-4 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- Wash and rinse potatoes, then slice lengthwise into thin rectangular cuboids.
- Submerge the potatoes in ice water and refrigerate for at least 30 min.
- Heat oven to 450º
- Drain potatoes from ice water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and spread the potatoes out on it in an even layer. Then sprinkle the seasonings over them except for the garlic.
- Bake 10 – 15 min, then flip and add chopped garlic. Bake for another 10 – 15 min or until golden brown and crispy.
Leave a Reply