I’ve been a huge fan of BLTs for decades, and I’ve made this classic sandwich more times than I can count. One of the main things I’ve learned from making countless BLTs – of both the traditional and vegan variety – is that ingredients and preparation are the two key elements to surpassing the ordinary. It’s like the difference between a grilled cheese on two pieces of generic, flavorless white bread, or a grilled cheese on tasty artisan bread.
This vegan “BLT” is so tasty because the ingredients are primo and the sandwich is made to perfection, optimized for deliciousness and delectability.
To make the world’s best vegan “BLT,” you will need:
- 2 slices of ezekiel bread
- 2 – 4 slices of smoked tempeh
- Fresh lettuce and tomato
- 1 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Your choice of mustard, ketchup, vegan mayonnaise, or anything else you like — I like louisiana hot sauce on mine : )
- Add the margarine and olive oil to a pan and bring to medium heat, then wait for the margarine to melt.
- Fry the smoked tempeh on in the pan on medium heat until it is brown and crispy.
- Remove the tempeh and place it on a paper towel.
- Place the two slices of bread in the pan and fry both sides until golden brown.
- Remove the bread from the pan with tongs or a spatula, and then begin assembling the sandwich.
- Top with your choice of condiments.
We hope you enjoyed this vegan “BLT” recipe. If you would like to find more recipes like this one, check out more of VeganFoodLover.com.