It’s been years since I’ve eaten at a Taco Bell, so I had no idea they had anything for vegans to eat. But I was wrong. I found a list of several vegan options at Taco Bell and ways to veganize some of the meals available . One thing I have learned during my two years as a vegan is that you can ask for your meal without dairy or meat and usually will end up with something vegan. I never ask “what are your vegan options?” or ask whoever is making the food what is vegan. This is because most people don’t actually know what is or isn’t vegan, and in the past people have been annoyed by the question. So now, I just make sure to tell whoever is taking my order that I would like it without dairy, and sometimes I have to specify what that means by saying “no cheese, butter, sour cream, etc”. I’m sure some of you have noticed the same thing.
Update 2017: Taco Bell has a certified vegetarian menu, certified by the American Vegetarian Association. All of the items on that menu can be made vegan by removing cheese and sour cream; however, some may not be worth ordering if you do because they don’t come with much else on them.
The following menu items at Taco Bell are vegan as of posting this list
- Cinnamon twists.
- Chips and guacamole and/or pico de gallo/salsa
- Cilantro or mexican rice with black or refried beans
- Bean burrito “fresco style”
- Black bean burrito without cheese
- Power menu bowl with no sauce, cheese, or sour cream
- Power menu veggie burrito without cheese, sour cream or sauce
- 7 layer burrito without cheese and sour cream (making it a 5 layer burrito)
- Tacos (soft or crunchy) or nachos (would be delicious with beans, rice, salsa, guacamole, lettuce) without sour cream or cheese
- Crunchwrap supreme and mexican pizza are vegan if you substitute beans for the meat and ask for no cheese or sour cream.
- Spicy tostada (without cheese or chipotle sauce)
- Black beans and rice
Certified vegan ingredients:
- black beans
- pico de gallo
- premium latin rice
- refried beans
- fire roasted salsa
- diablo sauce packet
- hot sauce packet
- mild sauce packet
- green chili sauce
- green tomatillo sauce
- mexican pizza sauce
- red sauce
- salsa del sol
- red strips
- romaine lettuce
- taco shells
- tostada shell
Taco Bell updates their menu frequently, so these options may change in the future.
My Latest Videos