You may have noticed that Chili’s has recently given their menu a bit of an upgrade. I was pleasantly surprised the last time I ate at one when I was able to order a really good black bean burger with big french fries. Chili’s makes their own “artisan” pickles now and they’re fantastic and the presentation is nice as well. In my home town, Chili’s is my family’s favorite restaurant so I was happy when I found so many vegan options at Chili’s since I know I will be eating there again soon.
I checked out the Chili’s website for a vegetarian fact sheet and I was actually surprised to find that the french fries are not vegan or vegetarian, and the black bean burger isn’t vegan either.
Their menu recommends for vegetarian customers to avoid all fried foods since they are often fried in the same oil as animal products. They also state that none of their food items are certified vegetarian so if you are a very strict vegan, you should probably not eat at Chili’s. Since I know I’ll be eating a Chili’s again, hopefully not by my own choice, I found all of the items that are vegan.
- guacamole without chips
- salsa without chips
- caribbean salad (without meat or tortilla strips)
- house salad (no cheese or croutons)
- santa fe salad (no tortilla strips, chicken or dressing)
- grilled chicken salad (no chicken, cheese or dressing)
- fresh mex bowls (without meat, cheese, tortilla strips or sauces)
- asparagus and garlic roasted tomatoes
- black beans
- celery sticks
- citrus-Chile rice
- corn on the cob
- corn kernels
- mandarin oranges
- quinoa and wheatberry blend
- corn or flour tortillas
- pico de gallo
- BBQ sauce