I have never made enchiladas before making this video so I have no idea if I did it the “right” way, but what I do know is that these enchiladas taste absolutely amazing. The sauce is the really special part of this recipe. It’s so flavorful and rich that even without all the delicious fillings, this recipe would be a hit. I have saved it as one of my favorite fast, nutritious and delicious dinners.
Vegan Chicken Enchiladas Ingredients:
- Soft tortillas
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (any pasta sauce will work)
- 1 tsp salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, smoked paprika, crushed red pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cooked beans (I used pintos but any will work)
- 1 cup vegan chicken (I used Gardein strips, sliced into bite size pieces)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Add half of the oil to a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and whisk vigorously. Add vegetable broth, tomato sauce, and spices and simmer, stirring occasionally, until it thickens.
- Meanwhile, add other half of oil to a pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute for 10 minutes until slightly translucent.
- Add garlic, beans and spices and saute another 5 minutes or so. Then add vegan chicken pieces and saute another 5 minutes.
- Roll filling in tortilla shells and place in an oven safe dish.
- Smother tortillas in sauce and bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast or vegan cheese if desired.
We hope you enjoyed this recipe for vegan chicken enchiladas. If you’d like to find more vegan recipes like this one, check out the rest of veganfoodlover.com.